"Siege"

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

"Siege"

Postby Rikitatsu » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:47 pm

So, Yu mentioned that some sort of a siege will be in Shenmue 3... From the transcript thread:
A: "With the area Baisha, we want to include new fun not included in Shenmue 2. Traditional tactics such as seige and infiltration that we see in warring kingdoms in traditional China are also added. But I want to make it Shenmue-like, easy to grasp, easy to play, and provide more fun.

Is this a translation error or will there be really an actual siege?!
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Re: "Siege"

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:50 pm

It could be related with "AI battling" and "High Ground Battle System" in the stretch goals, yeah.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby benayun88 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:53 pm

My imagination is running wild but the references to primeval warring china makes me wonder how magic the magic mirrors are i.e time traveling that would be wild.
benayun88
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: shenmue1

Postby Rikitatsu » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:54 pm

benayun88 wrote: My imagination is running wild but the references to primeval warring china makes me wonder how magic the magic mirrors are i.e time traveling that would be wild.

Time travel would be too crazy, I don't think I like it.
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Rikitatsu » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:00 am

The only probable scenario that comes to mind: One of the villages will be besieged by some relatively large group of enemies, Ryo and Friends will help defend it. Kinda like Seven Samurai.

Rikitatsu has received a thanks from: benayun88
Rikitatsu
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Gen » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:07 am

Rikitatsu wrote: The only probable scenario that comes to mind: One of the villages will be besieged by some relatively large group of enemies, Ryo and Friends will help defend it. Kinda like Seven Samurai.

now that could be cool!
Gen
Master of the Three Blades

Postby benayun88 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:08 am

Rikitatsu that would be incredible.
benayun88

Currently playing: shenmue1

Postby Retroberra » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:40 am

I think Rikitatsu 's idea sounds very possible.

One of my first thoughts was that it might be some kind of "flashback" that Shenhua has. She "connects" with her ancestors and you have to defend a a city. You have to win that battle in the past, otherwise there is no today. (something like that)
Retroberra

Currently playing: Neo Darts

Postby KidMarine » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:46 am

He mentioned
Ren
is involved in the twitch disaster last night. I imagine you'll be defending one of those Tulous. http://imgur.com/a/Urtpj
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby LucBu » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:54 am

I think he's talking about boardgames but the translation is as s*** as Fuku-san. Essentially, in China there are many strategy games that originated in reference to periods of warfare, like the warring states or the Era of the Three Kingdoms etc. "Siege" is probably the title of the kind of games you'll find around that area, perhaps completely fictional or perhaps based on real games he witnessed when researching that area all those years ago - which would include wagers between players and/or tournaments I imagine. Imagine a Chinese version of chess. In one release in regards to Siege, (was it a video or interview?) didn't Suzuki say that he wanted to simplify it - probably hinting at it being a boardgame because the original boardgames have ridiculously complicated rules.

If it was really a large scale fight like previous posters were saying - hey I'm all for it.
LucBu

Postby Retroberra » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:03 am

Ah yes, the board games sound even more likely.
Retroberra

Currently playing: Neo Darts

Postby wataro » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:06 am

I suppose if this was 15 years ago the Shenmue 1 looking for old warehouse number 8 would be called

''an infiltration''
wataro
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Hyo Razuki » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:21 am

Oh, Rikitatsu, I wish I hadn't read your post. My immagination is running wild now! A Seven Samurai style scenario would be so unbelievable in Shenmue. Like having to defend a village against hordes of Chi You Men guys in black suits. Could be legendary!
Hyo Razuki
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yokosuka » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:34 am

Retroberra wrote: I think Rikitatsu 's idea sounds very possible.

One of my first thoughts was that it might be some kind of "flashback" that Shenhua has. She "connects" with her ancestors and you have to defend a a city. You have to win that battle in the past, otherwise there is no today. (something like that)

I had the same idea, I thought of Shenmue 2 mods and Sonic Adventure 1 Tika part. But it's surely unlikely to happen I think.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby BlueMue » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:40 am

I have yet to make up my mind of how this would fit into Shenmue. Seems like a little bit too much action.
It could just be a bunch of 70 Man Free Battles, wich wouldn't be too bad or too strange.

Still I'm interested what this is going to be like.
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Next

Return to Shenmue III