Have you made a second Kickstarter account?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Have you made a second Kickstarter account?

Postby ConanTheKing » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:32 am

James Brown wrote:
Reprise wrote: If you make two accounts, can you use the same card? I'm not going to, but I'm just curious.

I have an it didn't give me an issue. Whether it will or not on the day the money comes out, we'll have to wait and see, but I can't see them not wanting money :D

That's what I am worried about, I don't want on the final day to have the pledge from one account cancelled and the lesser pledge to go through.
ConanTheKing
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ConanTheLeader
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby James Brown » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:58 am

ConanTheKing wrote:
James Brown wrote:
Reprise wrote: If you make two accounts, can you use the same card? I'm not going to, but I'm just curious.

I have an it didn't give me an issue. Whether it will or not on the day the money comes out, we'll have to wait and see, but I can't see them not wanting money :D

That's what I am worried about, I don't want on the final day to have the pledge from one account cancelled and the lesser pledge to go through.

Just sent Kickstarter a ticket to ask, will let you know the answer when they get back to me :)

James Brown has received 4 thanks from: Axm, ConanTheKing, johnvivant, Phong
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby Axm » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:01 am

2 seperate accounts, 2 separate orders.. should be fine for 1 credit card but ya, please get back to us about it James.

Axm has received a thanks from: James Brown
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby Phong » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:42 am

Wow, now there are even MORE exclusive tiers.

There's a $1,400 tier that doesn't include the $800 and is not included in any other higher tiers.

You could potentially have three or four kickstarter accounts now. :/
Phong

Postby James Brown » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Here's the reply guys.

Kickstarter Support (Kickstarter)

Jul 8, 11:51 AM

Hi James,

You should be totally fine! Let us know if you need anything else.

Best,
Alfie

skilljim

Jul 8, 9:58 AM

Hi, I am a big Shenmue fan and have backed for the $1500 tier on this account. I also wanted to get the $80 tier so I would be able to receive both rewards, and I have backed this tier on a second account. I have backed it using the same debit card as I thought this would be okay, but I wanted to just double check before the project finishes that my card will be successfully charged twice, one for each of these 2 accounts. I needed to use 2 accounts, as it's not possible to back more than one unique reward tier, that the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter project happens to have.

Thank you for your time and help :)
James.

James Brown has received 4 thanks from: ConanTheKing, johnvivant, Phong, Reprise
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Postby Phong » Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:47 pm

I really have very little experience with kickstarters, but is it unusual to have so many exclusive non-overlapping tiers? Like an RPG where you level in a different job class? It's like there's a capsule toy job class and a temple visitor class and then there's the portrait class not to mention the grab bags, jacket, watch, dinners, NPC, etc.
Phong

Postby sand4fish » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:02 pm

Phong wrote: I really have very little experience with kickstarters, but is it unusual to have so many exclusive non-overlapping tiers? Like an RPG where you level in a different job class? It's like there's a capsule toy job class and a temple visitor class and then there's the portrait class not to mention the grab bags, jacket, watch, dinners, NPC, etc.

It's totally not common for a project to have as many reward tiers as Shenmue 3 has. Up until the middle of the campaign I thought the rewards kind sucked, but now I'm on the fence on whether I should switch my pick as the price gap among the tiers is pretty small and rewards kind distinct from each other. My head would definitely explode if they decide to put out mirror replicas or physical Lucky Hit boards.

sand4fish has received a thanks from: Phong
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Supa » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:11 pm

Just made a second account for an $8 pledge off of one card (maxed out). When my brother wakes up in Australia today, he'll be getting $60 from me to pledge in his name.

Supa has received a thanks from: Phong
Supa
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

Postby rigo8582 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:45 pm

I have 3. $160, $60, and $29
rigo8582
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: qbanb8582
XBL: rigo8582
Steam: rigo8582
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby DL30 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:12 pm

^Good thinking!
That way you can get both physical copy versions and a digital.

I have 2 seperate account pledges,so that way I can get both the PS4 and PC physical editions.
DL30

Postby rigo8582 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:16 pm

DL30 wrote: ^Good thinking!
That way you can get both physical copy versions and a digital.

I have 2 seperate account pledges,so that way I can get both the PS4 and PC physical editions.

That was my reasoning. I want to keep the physical copies sealed, and play the digital version. If by some chance and XB1 version comes out I'll up my $29 to $60. Then probably buy it digital when it releases. Hopefully the phone card isn't inside the physical copy :) cuz then I'll have to open it.
rigo8582
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: qbanb8582
XBL: rigo8582
Steam: rigo8582
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Previous

Return to Shenmue III