Shenmue III Kickstarter closing in on 4.5 million!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Shenmue III Kickstarter closing in on 4.5 million!

Postby Himuro » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:02 am

Peter wrote:
Himuro wrote:
Peter wrote: See, i know i am probably in the minority here, but the free battles were my least exciting bits of the game. I prefer detective work, exploring, mini games, QTE sequences and cut scenes. The free battles aere just OK to me. Like the 70 man battle, or the Beverly Hills Wharf fiasco, or the black suits in the Yellow Head Building. I could leave most of that.

What about the rooftop fight?

Which one? Against Dou Niu? Its cool, though I think i kinda get bored of the fights because you just end up throwing punches rather than doing complex moves. Again, i think i am in the minority with that. Or perhaps because its 14 years of playing the same games. Id say in Shenmue 3 i will spend a lot more time learning new moves though.

My suggestion would be to dedicate a playthrough where you fight outside of your comfort zone. Instead of mashing, go for high complex moves like advanced combos and throw moves. It's much more fun that way.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:17 am

urgh.. down to 45k a day, even if we maintain that its short of 5 million by about 100,000..
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Dragon St. » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:22 am

RiGoRmOrTiS wrote:
Dragon St. wrote: I think it's interesting to see what The Bard's Tale IV is doing as a reference point. That videogame is a sequel as well and it's now entering it's final days now.

3 days left and no surge at the end

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/inxile ... s-tale-iv/

In their final 12 hours now, no surge at all. It further proves that we have no guarantees at all concerning a surge for Shenmue in the last 48 hours. Beating the Bloodstained record is going to be very hard.

Dragon St. has received a thanks from: mjq jazz bar
Dragon St.
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:23 am

Nevermind beating bloodstained, it now looks likely we won't even get 5 million..
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:34 am

Anyone up for bugging the fuck out of LIL B and getting him to promote this game?

I got 65 people to retweet a message to him.

He has over a million followers, so I have no idea how he actually sees messages directed towards him.

But he clearly knows and loves Shenmue:
phpBB [video]

https://twitter.com/LILBTHEBASEDGOD

We need to try anything.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby kanso » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:02 am

mjq jazz bar wrote: Anyone up for bugging the fuck out of LIL B and getting him to promote this game?

I got 65 people to retweet a message to him.

He has over a million followers, so I have no idea how he actually sees messages directed towards him.

But he clearly knows and loves Shenmue:
phpBB [video]

https://twitter.com/LILBTHEBASEDGOD

We need to try anything.

I tweeted @ LIL B. Thing is, I'm confused why us as a community haven't made a concentrated effort to reach out to personalities and individuals with a following inside and outside the industry to take a serious look at Shenmue 3's campaign. Yu Suzuki, outside of E3, hasn't discussed much with third party outlets about his latest project. I'm sure their are individuals who would like to speak to a legendary developer like Yu Suzuki (granted he can be accompanied by a well-spoken and level translator).

A weakness of this Kickstarter campaign is that it is mostly speaking to the base—the core, dedicated fans. There doesn't seem to have been a consistent effort at showing a new, younger audience what Shenmue is about and why it will be relevant to play in 2-4 years when the game is released.
kanso
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Currently playing: Destiny

Previous

Return to Shenmue III