KS Update #32 - Capsule Blowout and more!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: KS Update #32 - Capsule Blowout and more!

Postby Aimless Gamer » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:40 am

RiGoRmOrTiS wrote:
Himuro wrote:

What's so confusing? I want BOTH without having to make a second account.

Like we need even more tiers to confuse things!! Just make a second account, it took my about 1 minte to do so, add my CC and order my second copy...

How do you make a 2nd account? Sorry i'm new to ks.
Aimless Gamer
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: Aimless Gamer
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:50 am

Just use another email account when signing up.

RiGoRmOrTiS has received a thanks from: Aimless Gamer
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Jeff » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:52 am

I see that Yu Suzuki is doing a twitter Q&A tonight at 10pm EST. I'll be at the Mets game tonight but I thought of a good question, perhaps someone can tweet it then:

-In Project Berkely it shows Ryo hanging onto a moving train. Will SIII have such a scene?

I think if it does have this scene it could be one of Shenmue's iconic moments.
Jeff
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

PSN: jgk1020
XBL: jgkny
Currently playing: Halo Master Chief Col

Postby Mystere » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:04 am

Jeff wrote: I see that Yu Suzuki is doing a twitter Q&A tonight at 10pm EST. I'll be at the Mets game tonight but I thought of a good question, perhaps someone can tweet it then:

-In Project Berkely it shows Ryo hanging onto a moving train. Will SIII have such a scene?

"We'll see!"
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby myshtuff » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:10 pm

Fucking hell. If I wasn't recuperating from 4 months of unemployment I would up my pledge, but alas I can't. :(
myshtuff
Dojo Dirtbag
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Myshtuff
Steam: spivakar
Currently playing: Yakuza 6

Postby joka » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:28 pm

Himuro wrote:I can only afford to give 120. If I split the 120 I will miss out on the PC trial and capsules toy! I want ps4 version included with my PC version!

You'd end up missing out even if they did add a 2 copy reward as it'd be more than 120 if it also included the capsule toy.

Surely you can just get your second copy at general release?
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:41 pm

Well, today's looking like a disaster. It doesn't help that someone dropped out of the NPC tier. They really only needed to add one capsule tier, if they were going to do capsules.

mjq jazz bar has received a thanks from: RiGoRmOrTiS
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:55 pm

mjq jazz bar wrote: Well, today's looking like a disaster. It doesn't help that someone dropped out of the NPC tier. They really only needed to add one capsule tier, if they were going to do capsules.

pledge wise they are still coming in, but so many people are downgrading tiers to the new lower cost ones that the pledge total is hardly moving....at this rate we will back about 10-15k max.. I knew if they added more tiers after the last time they would ruin it, its so frustrating when amateurs like ourselves can call this before they do it, but they do it anyway... urgh.

hope everyone is happy with 4.6 million because taking into account tier downgrades as the days pass we should be thankful if we don't drop back below 4.6million..
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Reprise » Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:59 pm

RiGoRmOrTiS wrote:
pledge wise they are still coming in, but so many people are downgrading tiers to the new lower lost ones that the pledges totals are bearly moving. AJ strikes again..

No offence to the people here doing that, but could you, like, not? Are these shitty rewards really worth having a negative impact on the funding levels? Just stick with your original pledges. You really don't need your face on a crappy toy capsule or some exclusive technique scroll that, for all you know, could be worthless or whatever you're downgrading to.

Reprise has received a thanks from: RiGoRmOrTiS
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:06 pm

Reprise wrote:
RiGoRmOrTiS wrote:
pledge wise they are still coming in, but so many people are downgrading tiers to the new lower lost ones that the pledges totals are bearly moving. AJ strikes again..

No offence to the people here doing that, but could you, like, not? Are these shitty rewards really worth having a negative impact on the funding levels? Just stick with your original pledges. You really don't need your face on a crappy toy capsule or some exclusive technique scroll that, for all you know, could be worthless or whatever you're downgrading to.

just for reference, today alone 15 were lost from the $1500 pledge, depending on what tier they downgraded to its between $10,000-$20,000 lost.

AJ are ruining this KS by trying to milk a one time success tier, first by doubling that particular tier and then copying it across multiple other tiers; over and over again.. rather than doing their actual god damn job and marketing the sodding kick starter!!!

they are happy to leave that to fans.. I assume they are being paid to run the KS, maybe they should actually do something more than updating a page and fudging streams and Reddit AMAs badly.

RiGoRmOrTiS has received a thanks from: Dragon St.
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:16 pm

3 more reward tiers? what the fuck?
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:48 pm

Is Yu Suzuki really going 'yes' to all of this? Even Cedric thinks it's getting silly now too, if his Twitter is anything to go by.

Henry Spencer has received a thanks from: Kobe
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Mystere » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:56 pm

Shenhua-Nani? wrote: 3 more reward tiers? what the fuck?

I think AJ are "overcompensating"...

Just watched the KS reach 4,613,000 then sink to 4,609,000 again 5 minutes later... Definitely some pledge pulling / switching going on. (And another -$500 as I type).

There's only one Reward tier at this point I can see generating a massive push. I know Shenmue HD is Sega's property, but imagine what a Reward like "Advance digital copy of Shenmue HD" would do...

Mystere has received a thanks from: Ziming
Mystere
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Henry Spencer » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:06 pm

SEGA are slow as molasses though, so even if they (they as in Suzuki and Cedric) are pushing them to do it, it will be well after the Kickstarter is over (wouldn't be surprised if they even waited until late next year to announce it).
Henry Spencer
Let's go Catherine!
Shenmue III

PSN: harryangel666
XBL: Magiking
Currently playing: Yakuza Kiwami/Zelda: BOTW

Postby Dragon St. » Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:06 pm

RiGoRmOrTiS wrote:
Reprise wrote:
RiGoRmOrTiS wrote:

just for reference, today alone 15 were lost from the $1500 pledge, depending on what tier they downgraded to its between $10,000-$20,000 lost.

AJ are ruining this KS by trying to milk a one time success tier, first by doubling that particular tier and then copying it across multiple other tiers; over and over again.. rather than doing their actual god damn job and marketing the sodding kick starter!!!

they are happy to leave that to fans.. I assume they are being paid to run the KS, maybe they should actually do something more than updating a page and fudging streams and Reddit AMAs badly.

Exactly! It's a lazy job, that's what it is. AJ have been given gold, but are not showing any love for this project and are simply not competent. Just make up some new rewards without thinking anything through and upload the prerecorded videos that were given to you. Anyone can do that, its a joke. It's a 5 minute job. Meanwhile nothing has been done to encourage current backers to go for next stretch goal or to promote the cause on social media. Just take a look at a normal update on the Bloodstained campaign.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ig ... ts/1258115

That one was all about participation, making everyone feel part of it. A night and day difference. It means the difference between ending this campaign with $5 million (if we even make that now) or $7+ million. How can you ask people to pledge for amounts that are equivalent to a month's salary or even much more, while you don't take the effort to actually put some work in the KS?
Last edited by Dragon St. on Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon St.

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III