Yu Suzuki Live on Nico Nico Douga 07/12

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Yu Suzuki Live on Nico Nico Douga 07/12

Postby Otacon_ahs » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:36 pm

James Brown wrote: What does he mean by Ryo's aspect will fully change, including his jacket?

He means that Kickstarter Ryo looks awful indeed, and he will improve a lot (face and jacket). Better than Shenmue II.
He said that on twitter i think.

Otacon_ahs has received a thanks from: James Brown
Otacon_ahs
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Shenmue I

Postby manuel tripero » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:46 pm

He said he was not happy with the look of the kickstarter ryo, also said that the jacket seemed too new, and will be changed.
manuel tripero
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby James Brown » Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:58 pm

Otacon_ahs wrote:
James Brown wrote: What does he mean by Ryo's aspect will fully change, including his jacket?

He means that Kickstarter Ryo looks awful indeed, and he will improve a lot (face and jacket). Better than Shenmue II.
He said that on twitter i think.

Ahh I get you dude, thanks, I was thinking he meant in general, rather than the Ryo in the kickstarter video :), that makes more sense!
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh
Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Ziming » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:35 pm

Technophilz wrote: I'll rebroadcast the interview on my twitch : http://www.twitch.tv/technophilz

Do you have a link to download this video, or watch it on Youtube?
Ziming
Banned
Banned

Postby Technophilz » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:39 pm

Ziming wrote:
Technophilz wrote: I'll rebroadcast the interview on my twitch : http://www.twitch.tv/technophilz

Do you have a link to download this video, or watch it on Youtube?

I've uploaded the video for you, please check your inbox ..

phpBB [video]

Technophilz has received 2 thanks from: Switch, Ziming
Technophilz
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: Shenmue IIx

Postby Amir » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:37 pm

Backers and amount pledged are up slightly from yesterday, so I guess this helped a little bit. Maybe some people who watched today will pledge on last day, who knows.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Snakiest » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:43 pm

Yeah, there is still not much support. I was really pissed reading all the comments there from people reluctant to donate because they were unsure about kickstarter (go do some God damn research) or because there is no Japanese version of the site. I mean, really? All those years of school and millions of dollars from the ministry of education invested in English education, and you gamers who can't handle a simple English website? Oh man... But I will stop here. Wouldn't want to go into rant mode about education issues here.

In Yu we trust.
Snakiest

Postby manuel tripero » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:48 pm

Maybe crowdfunding is a novel concept to them or are wary ?
manuel tripero
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Anonymous81 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:58 am

Fantastic interview.

Sounds like no matter what, we're getting a true Shenmue game. It's just the scale and openness that depends on funding.

Also, what he said about crying, being moved by our support, and about video games having a unique way of bonding with the spirit of a player, was really beautiful and proves why we are all so willing to support him so loyally. He really gets it. He GETS how much we all care and what it means, and the importance of this moment is not lost on him. That speaks volumes for the game he'll try to make and for him as a person.

Anonymous81 has received 3 thanks from: Fei Fong Wong, johnvivant, SquallAdv
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:03 am

Jump and climb mountains? I hope the game isn't too arcade like, I hope Ryo still has weight to him and is realistic maybe like GTA V characters.
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby johnvivant » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:39 am

DoubleO_Ren wrote: Jump and climb mountains? I hope the game isn't too arcade like, I hope Ryo still has weight to him and is realistic maybe like GTA V characters.

Skyrim 3rd person style 'hopping' up mountains does sound concerning...but i get the feeling this may have been a joke. when the subbed video is finished i'll be able to make a better judgment about the spirit in which it was said.

edit;
if Suzuki is doing it then i'm confident that he can make it the best 3rd person terrain traversal ever seen! :D
Last edited by johnvivant on Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:55 am

I do not know any similar games where climb and jump are "cool". The worst is Assassin's Creed, no reward feeling and unrealistic at best. So there is an opportunity that YSnet/Neilo can tap. Why not ?
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Rakim » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:32 am

Didn't we already climb mountains in Shenmue 2 in order to get to Shenhua's house? Maybe he means something along the lines of that and less of the more exciting mountaineering we're imagining. He has continually stated that maintaining a sense of nostalgia for the old games is important to S3.
Rakim
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby DoubleO_Ren » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:50 am

johnvivant wrote:
DoubleO_Ren wrote: Jump and climb mountains? I hope the game isn't too arcade like, I hope Ryo still has weight to him and is realistic maybe like GTA V characters.

Skyrim 3rd person style 'hopping' up mountains does sound concerning...but i get the feeling this may have been a joke. when the subbed video is finished i'll be able to make a better judgment about the spirit in which it was said.

edit;
if Suzuki is doing it then i'm confident that he can make it the best 3rd person terrain traversal ever seen! :D

Oh my god was this actually said? I remember seeing like alpha stage footage of a game where a character was jumping around like a platformer type game during an interview with one of Suzuki's crew, I was hoping that was just old footage of a tester or something and not what the game would be like but it seems like it might that. God I hope I'm wrong.
DoubleO_Ren
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby NeoShredder » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:46 am

ShenmueTree wrote:I explained that by the fact that Ryo also dreamed and had visions of Shenhua and assuming she had mystical time powers. -_-

There's no destiny or fate, Ryo's just been having dreams about the girl he saw on a bag of potato chips... :lol:
NeoShredder
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

PSN: NeoShredder5

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III