KS Update #33: Masaya Matsukaze Back with More

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

KS Update #33: Masaya Matsukaze Back with More

Postby Amir » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:34 am

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for all of your #YouaskYu questions! All of the questions and answers from today's session will be posted on a later update. Keep your unasked questions safe, because Yu-san will return on #YouaskYu!

Masaya Matsukaze, the actor who played Ryo in Shenmue 1 & 2, is back to give the second half of his interview. He shares his experiences with the audition, the Shenmue phenomenon, and even gets into his love/hate relationship with video games and how it helped him get the part.

phpBB [video]

English

phpBB [video]

Japanese

Thanks again Masaya-san! We look forward to seeing you again!

Last up for today, we have one more reward for all you believers of fate.

LEND SHENMUE A HAND - Your hand and all the mysteries that lie within its palm will be featured in a book at a fortune teller. See what your future will hold! $600 Reward included.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Re: KS Update #33: Masaya Matsukaze Back with More

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:39 am

oh for god sake, another tier, they have truly lost the plot... do something to increase pledges, quit it with these bloody reward tiers, at least this one doesn't cannibalize other tiers but honestly I don't see many people wanting to scan\photo their hand to be included in some book in game....

RiGoRmOrTiS has received a thanks from: Yokosuka
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby Kobe » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:41 am

What a shit update.

Another one of those fucking "put your life" in Shenmue 3 reward tiers.

They are getting desperate and I am starting to shit myself.

Fuck you AJ.
Kobe
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby shredingskin » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:45 am

Lol at the rewards tiers.

I'm still waiting for "draw a dick on Ryo's notebook" tier.

shredingskin has received 2 thanks from: Kobe, Reprise
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby BlueMue » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:47 am

Video was nice but the "be in the game" rewards are getting out of hand. Game will be overloaded with this stuff.
Why couldn't they've listened and give us something physical again, like the mirror replicas...

BlueMue has received 3 thanks from: Henry Spencer, Miles Prower, Mystere
BlueMue
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Dragon St. » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:50 am

We have to accept the fact that AJ is simply not competent and haven't even thought about a social media strategy. So what do you do all day in the office with no game footage yet to share and no plan of your own? You make up another fucking reward.
Dragon St.
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby Amir » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:51 am

Meh, I see the update as mostly harmless. I doubt people will go for it, and the interview is cool.

Amir has received 2 thanks from: PacemaŜinobo, Reprise
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby RiGoRmOrTiS » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:04 am

kinda un-related but I laughed at the Shenmue 3 part of this video :) its all funny, but the Shenmue part is best.. starts at 11.45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVk8aPqAjoo
RiGoRmOrTiS
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Favorite title: What's Shenmue

Postby joka » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:04 am

It is a bit yawn that there's another middle level in game content tier just to add to an already crowded tier area.

I don't get why everyone just blames AJ though- all the rewards are at least authorised even conceived by Yu/Ys Net!

Shooting the messenger...

joka has received a thanks from: Rakim
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby Reprise » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:31 am

joka wrote:I don't get why everyone just blames AJ though- all the rewards are at least authorised even conceived by Yu/Ys Net!

Shooting the messenger...

Exactly.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby killthesagabeforeitkillsu » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:56 am

Some info about the Trial to push the $100 goal would be smart.

A small playable zone, lets say Shenhua's house with a couple small interactions to get a feel for the overall mechanics and play a bit of Shenmue 3 before everyone else.
killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Peter » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:16 am

shredingskin wrote: Lol at the rewards tiers.

I an lol'ing more at the reactions to a new rewards tier. So over dramatic. It's another option. It's a reason for someone to possibly up their pledge as well as downgrade it, but all if you assume that it means bad news and people will downgrade. Some of the stuff I've seen written over the past few days has been childish, and bordering into AJ hate again. The best one I have to mention was that idiot who got banned who dropped his pledge in protest at the additions to the pledges!! After the Twitch stream, every single person was in agreement that with the best thing to do was to cram more tiers in, and they did.

You are probably gonna come back at me and say that the rewards are saturated and AJ are schoolboys at this. Maybe so, but you have to look at the bigger picture here. It's the final week of a Kickstarter. Rewards are not going to be flying in or the raised total jumping another million. These new tiers are all set up for the end game. To give those who haven't pledged yet more options to do so. Most who have pledged are not gonna change for this, it's not a huge deal, but more for those who have been waiting until the end and all the rewards tiers are available to select which figure suits them best. Also, the people who have hit the remind me button and come back to donate. Honestly, after I seen new rewards added, I was waiting until the end so I had the entire rewards tiers to choose from, instead of chopping and changing.

It seems to be the way of a Shenmue fan to go completely black and white and spaz out at decisions which they don't agree with. Over the years, I've always wondered why people didn't take the approach of, "hmm, I don't think this is a good idea, but maybe I am missing something. Let's see how it plays out...", when it's always, "fuck this whole fucking bullshit. What dicks! Fuck you wah wah wah".

Peter has received 4 thanks from: DreamcastPast, Giorgio, PacemaŜinobo, Reprise
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby shredingskin » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:09 am

Peter wrote:

You are probably gonna come back at me and say that the rewards are saturated and AJ are schoolboys at this.

Not really, just I find it funny picturing them trying to think of new tiers.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Ryo Fhan » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:28 am

shredingskin wrote:
Peter wrote:

You are probably gonna come back at me and say that the rewards are saturated and AJ are schoolboys at this.

Not really, just I find it funny picturing them trying to think of new tiers.

of course I agree with them needing to stop these kindof tiers

need to get things a little stronger with physical awards again

Mirrors
toy forklift
Ryo action figure (McFarlane,neca)

Whatever it takes imo

Toy molds are costly, but hopefully they still have a few of ryo and that is helpful

Aslo, the tier makes sense as it's obviously a part of the game but I don't want fans all over, It seems it should be ok though. I don't see the point of blaming AJ for this. Just like I said before, when there weren't rewards I'm sure they had to wait for YS to create them and now this seems more like YS created ideas for the game world.

You can't blame AJ, they have at least an update or more per day average. I see many KS get less than 6 in 30 days.
Ryo Fhan
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby James Brown » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:15 am

I won't even bother talking about the tier, but the video was great! Was that new music aswell?

What do you think about the part where Yu Suzuki had dinner with him and told him about all the people who he'd met that had been constantly requesting the third game, and he wanted to make a perfect game, but after so long, he couldn't say no to people, so decided that he would go ahead and make the third game, even if it wasn't perfect, the fans would understand. Like I get that the game may not be as perfect as the first 2, but where abouts on Yu Suzuki's scale is "even if it's not perfect"? :P
James Brown
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

XBL: skilljimmeh

Next

Return to Shenmue III