KS Update #43: Thank you from Yu Suzuki

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: KS Update #43: Thank you from Yu Suzuki

Postby joka » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:25 pm

Shenhua-Nani? wrote:
We have just started getting into development, and as we move ahead, I will listen to all of you to make Shenmue III even better.

Please no....

Hmmm... I hope this comment from Yu listening to fans only relates to minor things.

Do your thing Yu! :)
joka
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: C_U_NexTime
Currently playing: Phantom Pain

Postby Anonymous81 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:01 pm

Awesome!

And if this doesn't quite assuage those impatient for a more substantive update (e.g. PayPal etc.) please see: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48753 which suggests Cedric is the one in charge of such financial matters, and please see the comment elsewhere (can't find it now) in which Joel Tess from AJ told a backer in a response, "There are reasons, some of which we aren't privy to. As you can imagine, this is a little more complicated than your average Kickstarter" or some such.

So I think maybe, just maybe, we should stop leveling all of the blame on AJ. I'm not defending their performance, which was far less than ideal as I've consistently said. But it seems clear to me that there are obstacles and dynamics and complexities none of us have any insight into, making for the delay in getting PayPal up. And if the above article is true, it's not in their hands exclusively. And we KNOW Cedric has done everything he can to make things work smoothly, so clearly there are obstacles making this take a while.

We should always give people the benefit of the doubt before rushing to judge imho.

SHENMUE III is IN DEVELOPMENT! O_O *Dances*

Anonymous81 has received 2 thanks from: PacemaŜinobo, Supa
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby mgeoff88 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:05 pm

HOLY SHIT!!! I just found out Shenmue III was announced!!!!!! I know I'm six days late hearing the news, but that is amazing!

October of last year, I even said Shenmue III would be possible through a Kickstarter campaign:

"I don't think rebooting is the way to go... Kickstarter campaigns have helped companies reach their financial goals to go forward with their projects.

I think Shenmue III is possible through a Kickstarter campaign."

I'm so happy Shenmue III is finally happening!!! I guess I'll have to pick up a PS4 to play it though. Nothing wrong with having a Xbox One and a PS4.

mgeoff88 has received a thanks from: Supa
mgeoff88
Master of the Three Blades

XBL: Masta Dragon
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Himuro » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:10 pm

mgeoff88 wrote: HOLY SHIT!!! I just found out Shenmue III was announced!!!!!! I know I'm six days late hearing the news, but that is amazing!

October of last year, I even said Shenmue III would be possible through a Kickstarter campaign:

"I don't think rebooting is the way to go... Kickstarter campaigns have helped companies reach their financial goals to go forward with their projects.

I'm so happy Shenmue III is finally happening!!! I guess I'll have to pick up a PS4 to play it though. Nothing wrong with having a Xbox One and a PS4.

How'd you find out, you found out a month after the fact. You likely don't read gaming sites? Can't say I don't blame you. :lol:
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Anonymous81 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:15 pm

mgeoff88 wrote: HOLY SHIT!!! I just found out Shenmue III was announced!!!!!! I know I'm six days late hearing the news, but that is amazing!

Ha! Welcome to the excitement! YouTube the E3 announcement, it was a truly legendary moment. Also YouTube people's reactions to it, specifically the GameTrailers Huber reaction. It moved me to tears.
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby mgeoff88 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:19 pm

Himuro wrote: How'd you find out, you found out a month after the fact. You likely don't read gaming sites? Can't say I don't blame you. :lol:

Oh... I didn't realize it had been a month lol. Well, I watched a few all E3 trailers for some games, but I didn't hear anything about Shenmue III. I didn't hear anything.

Honestly, I spend more time on comic book media sites than gaming sites these days.
mgeoff88

Postby Axm » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:23 pm

Haha how did you not hear anything?! Its been everywhere!
Well, welcome! Too bad you couldnt do the kickstarter. Good news is you didnt have to deal with the stress of it all.
Axm
#SaveShenmueHD
News Poster

Postby mgeoff88 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:27 pm

Anonymous81 wrote:Ha! Welcome to the excitement! YouTube the E3 announcement, it was a truly legendary moment. Also YouTube people's reactions to it, specifically the GameTrailers Huber reaction. It moved me to tears.

Ha ha, thanks! I always held out hope we would get a Shenmue III someday. I'm just very glad it will be in video game form. I almost thought if doing a video game wasn't possible, then maybe Yu Suzuki would do a graphic novel for Shenmue III.

But you can't beat the interactive experience of actually playing through the story.

Axm wrote:Haha how did you not hear anything?! Its been everywhere!
Well, welcome! Too bad you couldnt do the kickstarter. Good news is you didnt have to deal with the stress of it all.

Ha ha, I have no clue! And thanks! I wish I could have donated money though. It would've been cool to have been a part of it.
mgeoff88

Postby Himuro » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:53 pm

Here's what you missed out on the past month. Enjoy!

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Himuro has received a thanks from: Supa
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Jesse » Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:46 am

No Yu Suzuki thank you for the wonderful memories over the years; looking forward to continuing and experiencing new ones with you. :heart:
Jesse

PSN: Jrockstr

Postby Cyberman » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:05 pm

Thank you, Yu Suzuki. June 15, 2015 will be a day to remember years from now.
Cyberman
Sailor
"Keep Friends"

Previous

Return to Shenmue III