Do you fantasize about the day?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Do you fantasize about the day?

Postby SMDzero » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:52 pm

About that day in late December 2017 when you find the UPS package on your doorstep that contains Shenmue 3 on PS4?

About putting it into your system.. turning down the lights, cracking open a soda and "getting READY" for the video game experience of your LIFE?!?!?!?!?

The day seems so far away now.... but one day...
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Re: Do you fantasize about the day?

Postby iyapol » Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:14 am

To be honest, I've not really thought about the final product. I'm actually really looking forward to the game's development, watching Shenmue III come to life in the form of concept drawings, early screenshots and the scheduled demo.
iyapol
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby shenmue852 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:37 am

I've been thinking about what the beginning would be like.

I'm picturing a cold opening- a brief narrated prologue, just summarizing that Ryo has traveled from Japan to Hong Kong and China and now is in Guilin, has met Shenhua and then gameplay starts at her house the morning after walking through the mountain woods. It starts with the walk from the house to the cave, a recreation of the cave sequence serves as a basic gameplay controls tutorial, and once the mirrors are revealed the Shenhua orchestral theme starts booming and it cuts to an opening title sequence showing panoramic in-engine views of the villages and surrounding country side as the title and lead credits are displayed.

shenmue852 has received a thanks from: iyapol
shenmue852
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby ShenGCH » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:03 am

I've thought about what life will be life over two years from now, but no, I really haven't fantasised about release day, to be honest. It's too far away at present, hence why The Phantom Pain is occupying 90% of my anticipation and thoughts :)
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby rome » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:46 pm

shenmue852 wrote: I've been thinking about what the beginning would be like.

I'm picturing a cold opening- a brief narrated prologue, just summarizing that Ryo has traveled from Japan to Hong Kong and China and now is in Guilin, has met Shenhua and then gameplay starts at her house the morning after walking through the mountain woods. It starts with the walk from the house to the cave, a recreation of the cave sequence serves as a basic gameplay controls tutorial, and once the mirrors are revealed the Shenhua orchestral theme starts booming and it cuts to an opening title sequence showing panoramic in-engine views of the villages and surrounding country side as the title and lead credits are displayed.

This thought gave me chills. Finally seeing "Shenmue III" up on my screen will make for one helluva day.

All the waiting will finally pay off and I hope you all have an amazing experience when you first play as well. I've wondered where I'll be 2+ years from now, and where I'll be sitting down and continuing this epic story.
rome
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue II

Postby kuwakodono » Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:31 pm

I've actually thought about tracking down a phone in the game so I can call Nozomi and Fuku-san. 8)
kuwakodono
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby Shibiryo » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:25 am

I can't stop thinking about the day.

Goddamn Shenmue 3...
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby Sh3ppy » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:33 am

2017 can't come soon enough! TBH, just the fact that the game being made is a reality is enough to tide me over. well, at the moment it sure seems that way anyway...
Sh3ppy
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PSN: rambleon11

Return to Shenmue III