PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

Postby Himuro » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:16 am

Zoltor wrote:
Reprise wrote: Shenmue is in a bit of a catch 32 as well. If it fails to modernise enough, it will get ripped apart for "archaic design". If it "modernises" too much, it'll get ripped into for modernising.

Not that I care what the gaming media thinks, but the higher those scores, the higher the sales, the higher the chance of Shenmue 4 happening is.

It's bad enough Yu is changing the battle system away from having a realistic feel

This has never been said. If anything, Yu is promising a more realistic battle system in the Advanced fighting system. You repeatedly say things on this forum have zero merit or evidence tied to it, please back your statement up where Yu ever said he was making fighting unrealistic?
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Anonymous81 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:17 am

Ignore the click bait journalism. They're always like this. They always will be like this.

Also ignore those who go with it. Anyone who was ever going to continue funding after already doing so during the Kickstarter will, and anyone who wasn't, probably never will. We can garner a few converts through things like TeamYu doing something every 3rd on social media again, but beyond that, Shenmue 3's funding base (from crowdsourcing at least) is already established.

Anyone who wasn't already willing to give blood isn't going to do so now. And anyone who was - and is able - will. It's that simple, and worrying about the negative opinions of the funding being thrown around won't change it one iota imho.

Just focus on what we CAN do. Which is raise awareness AMONG those established fans ready and able to continue funding, and try to get the few converts we can through campaigns such as whatever TeamYu has planned for next month.

Stay positive and determined rather than generating consternation about what we have absolutely no control over. And never forget it's - possibly literally - a miracle any of this is happening at all in the first place.

IMHO

Peace.

Anonymous81 has received 2 thanks from: Giorgio, Himuro
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby mjq jazz bar » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:39 am

I'm thinking earning an additional $100K is what we can reasonably expect based on the project earning $10K on day one. I don't see how they'll get more exposure than they've already gotten, most of which has been negative. A lot of people clamored for Paypal, but I for one haven't put any money in yet. I'll see how the upgrades look.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Giorgio » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:39 am

What Cedric Biscay said back in the days of the Shenmue 3's Kickstarter, is still valid:
Giorgio
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Currently playing: Yakuza series

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:46 am

@ Anonymous81 :

For once, I disagree with you. We have to limit the media bullshit by make clear the facts and slow down the disinformation virus.
Biased people won't change their opinion immediately but they will be more able to do so when the next news turns in favor of Shenmue 3. And it's one more good occasion to demonstrate our Shenmue passion and make it understand that this game has something special.

Being dismayed does not mean not being determined (at least, it's my case).

So don't hesitate to post in the commentaries. You don't have to stalk the articles 24h/24 , just post a recap of facts and links about the game. No matter if it's too late as the articles can be found later by random readers via Google.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Zoltor » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:30 pm

Himuro wrote:
Zoltor wrote:
Reprise wrote: Shenmue is in a bit of a catch 32 as well. If it fails to modernise enough, it will get ripped apart for "archaic design". If it "modernises" too much, it'll get ripped into for modernising.

Not that I care what the gaming media thinks, but the higher those scores, the higher the sales, the higher the chance of Shenmue 4 happening is.

It's bad enough Yu is changing the battle system away from having a realistic feel

This has never been said. If anything, Yu is promising a more realistic battle system in the Advanced fighting system. You repeatedly say things on this forum have zero merit or evidence tied to it, please back your statement up where Yu ever said he was making fighting unrealistic?

No, instead of characters being knocked around based on physics, he's just going to have people knocked about in I quote "a cool way". In short, everything martial arts movie fans loath about modern martial arts, that's how the fighting is going be, fake as hell.

I have given up all hope the fighting system is going to be anything special(It's going to be like a turtles in time battle system, I can see it now, no realism, just people going flying in any direction, because it looks cool), and wish we would've got expansions for the 2nd area of the game, instead of supposed expanded battle system expansions(seriously, if the battle system Isn't even as good as the original, what's the point). Fake modern movie type fighting action, is a insult to martial arts.

Also he states that characters now have basically only 1 hit box, where you hit them, no longer matters.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Himuro » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:27 pm

Zoltor wrote:
Himuro wrote:
Zoltor wrote:

No, instead of characters being knocked around based on physics, he's just going to have people knocked about in I quote "a cool way". In short, everything martial arts movie fans loath about modern martial arts, that's how the fighting is going be, fake as hell.

I have given up all hope the fighting system is going to be anything special(It's going to be like a turtles in time battle system, I can see it now, no realism, just people going flying in any direction, because it looks cool), and wish we would've got expansions for the 2nd area of the game, instead of supposed expanded battle system expansions(seriously, if the battle system Isn't even as good as the original, what's the point). Fake modern movie type fighting action, is a insult to martial arts.

Also he states that characters now have basically only 1 hit box, where you hit them, no longer matters.

What in the fuck are you talking about? He's gone on length about how modern game physics will make the fighting BETTER. There's even a Kickstarter goal for ragdoll, which results in MORE REALISTIC PHYSICS. Can you please stop going around this forum repeating false information? :rotflmao: Almost every one of your posts is something with completely incorrect information presented as fact. ](*,)
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Zoltor » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:39 pm

Himuro wrote:
Zoltor wrote:
Himuro wrote:
Zoltor wrote:

What in the fuck are you talking about? He's gone on length about how modern game physics will make the fighting BETTER. There's even a Kickstarter goal for ragdoll, which results in MORE REALISTIC PHYSICS. Can you please stop going around this forum repeating false information? :rotflmao: Almost every one of your posts is something with completely incorrect information presented as fact. ](*,)

Read the last interview he was in. Also Ragdoll physics is not real physics, and has only ever helped make games look goofy(weightless looking flopping around, not excited about that).
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Reprise » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:02 pm

I have to agree regarding ragdoll physics. They look stupid.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Shibiryo » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:10 pm

Yeah, honestly ragdoll reactions are utter garbarge. Sleeping Dogs actually had them believe it or not and it looks unrealistic, uncool and Ryoless.
Shibiryo
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: Shenmue 1&2

Postby punkmanced » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:15 pm

Ragdoll physics can look retarded at times…but I’m not too worried regarding the overall fighting system; it’s Suzuki’s bread and butter in a way, so I doubt he would f*ck things up on that front.

(Then again...I also doubted George Lucas could f*ck things up Star Wars- wise, but, as it turns out, a hiatus isn't always a good thing ;-) )

punkmanced has received a thanks from: Reprise
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Yokosuka » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:16 pm

Did any BTA or VS fighting game ever use it ?

I'm curious which idea Yu has in mind. Probably something highly related with the "reaction chains" targeted by the high ground battle system.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Himuro » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:07 pm

Ragdoll can look like shit, but also remember that Yu is doing this with motion capture again as well. Read what last interview he was? Why don't you link to it? Find me proof that Yu Suzuki has said that the physics in Shenmue will no longer be realistic.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

Postby Zoltor » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:01 pm

Himuro wrote: Ragdoll can look like shit, but also remember that Yu is doing this with motion capture again as well. Read what last interview he was? Why don't you link to it? Find me proof that Yu Suzuki has said that the physics in Shenmue will no longer be realistic.

God damnit, I thought you were a Shenmue fan, now I need to dig up what you should've read in the first place. Give me a minute, it was posted like a week ago.

PS. Actually not the last interview, the one right before that.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Himuro » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:04 pm

Zoltor wrote:
Himuro wrote: Ragdoll can look like shit, but also remember that Yu is doing this with motion capture again as well. Read what last interview he was? Why don't you link to it? Find me proof that Yu Suzuki has said that the physics in Shenmue will no longer be realistic.

God damnit, I thought you were a Shenmue fan, now I need to dig up what you should've read in the first place. Give me a minute, it was posted the other day.

The point is: Yu does a lot of interviews. When you say,"last interview" no one has any idea what interview you're talking. Good lord.
Himuro
Banned
Banned

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III