PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

Postby Anonymous81 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:35 am

I will donate as much as I possibly can when we get our Christmas bonus. However, I do have medical bills to pay, and that has to come first unfortunately. Chronic health issues suck.

I'm also not going to completely forego other niceties in life such as other video games, because games are my escape from said health issues.
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby FlagshipFighter » Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:32 pm

Anonymous81 wrote:I will donate as much as I possibly can when we get our Christmas bonus. However, I do have medical bills to pay, and that has to come first unfortunately. Chronic health issues suck.

I'm also not going to completely forego other niceties in life such as other video games, because games are my escape from said health issues.

:-( sorry to hear that, hope you're path to recovery is swift...
FlagshipFighter
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: FlagshipFighter
XBL: FlagshipFighter
Steam: FlagshipFighter
Favorite title: Shenmue IIx

Postby Miles Prower » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:02 pm

I can only afford the $13 for the soundtrack, but hey, every little helps ;)

Miles Prower has received a thanks from: Anonymous81
Miles Prower
"Keep Friends"
"Keep Friends"

XBL: sppeac1987
Favorite title: Shenmue II

Postby SMDzero » Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:53 pm

Looks like the U.S. just pledged 100 million to the Syrian rebels... maybe they could pledge 3.5 mil of that to Shenmue 3 instead??? I'm sure Syria can get along just fine with 96.5 million.

SMDzero has received a thanks from: NeoShredder
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby SledgeNE » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:23 am

I pledged the Soundtrack and the physical copy for PS4.

The other things looks really interesting, too. Especially the Statue of Shenhua and Ryo.
SledgeNE
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Currently playing: Preparing for Shenmue III

Postby Yokosuka » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:51 am

Some interesting recap images from Shenmue Master :
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Anonymous81 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:53 pm

Yokosuka wrote: Some interesting recap images from Shenmue Master :

Fascinating.

Personally, I'd give up my rewards entirely if enough people joined me and it meant getting closer to an even 5 mil for development budget lol. I know that's not going to happen, though.
Anonymous81
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Witcher 3

Postby SMDzero » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:10 am

If everyone gave up their reward we'd essentially be saving Yu Suzuki an extra 1.6 million toward the development (25% of 6.5 mil raised).

This means that we'd essentially be hitting the 8.1 million dollar stretch goal assuming reward WERE fulfilled (75% of 8.1 million is 6.5 million).

Basically if EVERYONE gave up their rewards we'd get AI Battling, High Ground Battle System, and Choubu mini games x4 stretch goals!!!

Guys who cares about meaningless trinkets and prizes when we can have a better game!!!

Let's all pledge to give up our rewards and get a fuller Shenmue game.
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Amir » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:32 am

SMDzero wrote: If everyone gave up their reward we'd essentially be saving Yu Suzuki an extra 1.6 million toward the development (25% of 6.5 mil raised).

This means that we'd essentially be hitting the 8.1 million dollar stretch goal assuming reward WERE fulfilled (75% of 8.1 million is 6.5 million).

Basically if EVERYONE gave up their rewards we'd get AI Battling, High Ground Battle System, and Choubu mini games x4 stretch goals!!!

Guys who cares about meaningless trinkets and prizes when we can have a better game!!!

Let's all pledge to give up our rewards and get a fuller Shenmue game.

I'd love to freely donate but apparently it's an issue with PayPal in Japan that something has to be given in exchange :/
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Peter » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:46 am

Yea I think that's true. Considering a dinner and a script would cost minimal/nothing, id happily just take that and let them save the money on all the other stuff. I'd prefer that money went into the game, but it won't happen. Nice idea though.
Peter
Shenmue Dojo Owner
Shenmue III

PSN: TheGasmeter
Currently playing: Shenmue 2x

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:22 am

An official mail giving the choice to the backer "keep your current rewards or choose AI battling+high ground as your reward" would be a brilliant idea, with real time calculation of the extra saves. With something like "If at the campaign closure we're still unable to reach this stretch goal, you keep your previous rewards instead."
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Amir » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:47 am

The $39 digital upgrade during the Kickstarter was a good way to get ten extra bucks out of people while offering something virtually free to create in return (phone wallpapers). Rewards like that would mean more money for development. Or maybe $1000 to Skype for an hour with Yu Suzuki? Would be good for fans who can't afford the dinners but would still like to talk with the man.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby Kiske » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:56 am

Yokosuka wrote: An official mail giving the choice to the backer "keep your current rewards or choose AI battling+high ground as your reward" would be a brilliant idea, with real time calculation of the extra saves. With something like "If at the campaign closure we're still unable to reach this stretch goal, you keep your previous rewards instead."

As interesting as your idea sounds (for ultra fans like a lot of Dojo posters) I think this would cause more bashing from the medias and a bad publicity. Just look at how the Paypal campaign was reported by some media (they got 6.3M$ and now they ask for more), and let not talk about the interpretation made about Suzuki's "I could do with a little bit more of money..." from the same "journalists".

The best option in my opinion, is to provide access to upgrades for the Kickstarter backers.

If you look at the numbers, 26'238 backers pledged for the digital PS4 version.
Upgrade to 60$ for the physical version with an exclusive Shenmue 3 phone wallpaper for paypal upgraders would significantly push the funds: 26'238 * 31$ = 813'378$.

Same idea with the 80$ pledge upgradable to 100$ for your name in the credits + exclusive paypal phone wallpaper:
Doesn't cost a lot and could give the Team around 40'000$.

And so on for the other pledges...
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Yokosuka » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:31 pm

Kiske wrote:
Yokosuka wrote: An official mail giving the choice to the backer "keep your current rewards or choose AI battling+high ground as your reward" would be a brilliant idea, with real time calculation of the extra saves. With something like "If at the campaign closure we're still unable to reach this stretch goal, you keep your previous rewards instead."

As interesting as your idea sounds (for ultra fans like a lot of Dojo posters) I think this would cause more bashing from the medias and a bad publicity. Just look at how the Paypal campaign was reported by some media (they got 6.3M$ and now they ask for more), and let not talk about the interpretation made about Suzuki's "I could do with a little bit more of money..." from the same "journalists".

If you're talking about negative effects on Shenmue 3 sales rather the paypal campaign (because we don't talk about attracting new backers but re-ask the core who is already convinced by the project), a complete combat system could potentially upgrade the reviews ratings by one point and that's huge so I don't know.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:37 pm

I agree with Kiske, it would be asking for trouble with the way the media's been leaping on every twisted word and misconstrued intent.

Also, a lot of backers would be inclined to hold onto their rewards and let others give up their own until the goal was met, which is unfair if it works, but unlikely to even work if it causes a stalemate amongst too many backers waiting for each other to go first.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III