PayPal backers can't get the additional in-game content ?

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

PayPal backers can't get the additional in-game content ?

Postby shredingskin » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:05 pm

Bad choice I think, I know it says kickstarter exclusive, but they're still backing the game and helping get to stretchgoals.

I think it was a bad move (or they are afraid of more media backlash.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Some indie games.

Re: PayPal backers can't get the additional in-game content

Postby Zoltor » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:17 pm

Yea, since It's still contributing to stretch goals, they should include the KS exclusives.
Zoltor
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:58 pm

Are YSnet alone in this situation or is it an usual case in post-Kickstarter world ?
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby punkmanced » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:08 pm

shredingskin wrote: Bad choice I think, I know it says kickstarter exclusive, but they're still backing the game and helping get to stretchgoals.

I found it a bit strange, myself.
That being said…I can almost guarantee you that the content will eventually be released via DLC; so, I wouldn’t lose hope just yet regarding the calling card/etc.
punkmanced
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Amir » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:33 pm

punkmanced wrote:
shredingskin wrote: Bad choice I think, I know it says kickstarter exclusive, but they're still backing the game and helping get to stretchgoals.

I found it a bit strange, myself.
That being said…I can almost guarantee you that the content will eventually be released via DLC; so, I wouldn’t lose hope just yet regarding the calling card/etc.

That, and I'm sure modders will crack all the content for the PC version.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby sand4fish » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:19 pm

It might be a bad choice, but this is a common practice shared among all Kickstarter projects. The most accepted reason is that is to give fairness to those who went on and pledged first during the campaign. It's a perk kind of deal.

Many may wonder why not many pledges were given to Paypal so far after the enormous success on the Kickstarter, and the truth is that Paypal never will gather funds at the rate the Kickstarter did. To give some perspective, a project which I backed, Torment: TIdes of Numenera, conjured about $700k from Paypal alone so far. (It's still going on). But that was from two years worth of donations, since Paypal option went live for that project.
sand4fish
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby mjq jazz bar » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:39 pm

I don't think it's a "bad move," really. What Slacker Backer, aside from Star Citizen, has gone on to make tons of money after Kickstarter?
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Domosuke » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:30 am

It is a bad move because that's why you people donated. You were promised a copy of the final game, you were promised a capsule toy version of yourself, you were promised a NPC modelled after you, you were promised your name in the credits, you were promised extra moves, you were promised all this DLC shit.

Slacker backers get nothing but an email from paypal saying money was taken out of your account.

I was only interested in the slacker backer thing because I assumed the incentives would still be in play, they aren't.

So no, I will for sure absolutely positively not be donating a cent to this game anymore. I know the Japanese are very ambiguous and some of their marketing techniques are much to be desired, but I had it up to here.

I will buy the game from gamestop launch week if they do make a retail version, or I will digitally download it the day it comes out as by then I should have saved up for a PS4 if I dot my I's and cross my T's. As I am in a financial bind right now.

As a fan of Shenmue since 2001, this is really unprofessional and this just seems like were running a convention or a fan gathering or a online RPG or something.

This is a console exclusive game for a eighth generation console, being showcased at E3, the mother of video game expos and they still want shit from us.

I'm sorry call me crazy, but I'm done.
Domosuke
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Postby south carmain » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:33 am

Domosuke wrote:and they still want shit from us..

Although I agree with the paypal campaign being amateurish and a mess it is happening at the request of fans so it would be a bit unfair to say "they still want money from us" when it's us who asked them to allow us to continue giving them money.
south carmain
Comrade of the motherland
"Keep Friends"

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: okami hd

Postby Reprise » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:24 pm

sand4fish wrote: [color=#FFFFFFthis is a common practice shared among all Kickstarter projects. The most accepted reason is that is to give fairness to those who went on and pledged first during the campaign. It's a perk kind of deal.
[/color]

This. So much this.

Some of you must be new to Kickstarter.
Reprise
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Superrayman3 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:01 pm

shredingskin wrote:(or they are afraid of more media backlash.
Care to elaborate on this "media backlash" you speak of because I can't find any "backlash" anywhere.
Superrayman3
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Favorite title: What's Shenmue
Currently playing: Shenmue 0.400

Postby alexh86 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:46 pm

I backed for a tier that included the calling card but I'm against special paid content of any kind in Shenmue. If I possess a copy of the disc and game content is on it, I should be able to access it. If it's extra downloadable-only content, then that's even worse because we should be able to archive a fully complete and playable version that will run on any working PS4 forever.
alexh86
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

PSN: ahark86

Postby Amir » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:49 pm

alexh86 wrote: I backed for a tier that included the calling card but I'm against special paid content of any kind in Shenmue. If I possess a copy of the disc and game content is on it, I should be able to access it. If it's extra downloadable-only content, then that's even worse because we should be able to archive a fully complete and playable version that will run on any working PS4 forever.

Yeah, that's why I'm going for the PC version; PS4 servers will go down one day and PC version will live on thanks to modders.
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:57 pm

Honestly I'm going to buy the two versions, I just can't chose. The two have their drawbacks.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Amir » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:11 pm

Yokosuka wrote: Honestly I'm going to buy the two versions, I just can't chose. The two have their drawbacks.

I don't really see any drawbacks with the PC version, it'll (hopefully) be graphically superior and support PS4 controller (though I'm hoping for 360 controller support as well). Been meaning to have a proper gaming PC for years, will save up and build one just before Shenmue III comes out.

Amir has received a thanks from: punkmanced
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Next

Return to Shenmue III