PlayStation Experience & Shenmue

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

PlayStation Experience & Shenmue

Postby Valascaziel » Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:51 am

Greetings, fellow Dojo members!

A short post this morning to gather some thoughts from you guys. With PlayStation Experience roughly a week away, do you think any Shenmue information will be revealed? Sony hopefully realized the positive impact Shenmue had on their E3 conference and is planning for something again.

I kind of hope for Sony to realize what a gold mine they have and capitalize by announcing a partnership with Sega for the HD remasters, but I know this is wishful thinking..as is hoping for an actual teaser trailer for III.
Valascaziel
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Re: PlayStation Experience and Shenmue

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:30 am

I think Shenmue HD gets announced, but we don't hear anything about 3 unless Yu happens to be on a panel at the event.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Ryuman » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:36 am

I assume info for 3 would be saved for Monaco Magic. A HD remaster may be a little too wishful though. Perhaps they'll mention the Paypal?
Ryuman
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: KH 2.5

Postby johnvivant » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:20 pm

imo its still too early - at least for a big Sony event such as this.

but for E3 2016 however - i'm sure they might be ready to show something really great like an amazing trailer, if not actual gameplay.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Hanzumon » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:25 pm

Spaghetti wrote: I think Shenmue HD gets announced, but we don't hear anything about 3 unless Yu happens to be on a panel at the event.

I also hope, that Sony will announce HD-Versions of Shenmue I & II for 2016 ...
Hanzumon
Master of the Three Blades

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: lollipop chainsaw

Postby The_Intruder » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:06 pm

I think the best time to release Shenmue 1&2 HD should be around the holidays 2016.
The_Intruder
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

PSN: Jann-Lee1999
Currently playing: Zelda:Breath of the wild

Postby Hanzumon » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:54 pm

The_Intruder wrote: I think the best time to release Shenmue 1&2 HD should be around the holidays 2016.

They also could release Shenmue I HD in the end of 2016 and Shenmue II HD in Sommer 2017 to close the gap to the release of Shenmue III ...

And they could release a trilogy-set with all three games in the Ende of 2017!!!
Hanzumon

Postby Ryuman » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:04 pm

Hanzumon wrote:
The_Intruder wrote: I think the best time to release Shenmue 1&2 HD should be around the holidays 2016.

They also could release Shenmue I HD in the end of 2016 and Shenmue II HD in Sommer 2017 to close the gap to the release of Shenmue III ...

Yikes, I don't want to imagine separate remasters. HD Collection, please.
Ryuman

Postby Yokosuka » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:43 pm

Hanzumon wrote:

And they could release a trilogy-set with all three games in the Ende of 2017!!!

Terrible idea if you ask me. That would be a negative premiere and we need newcomers beating imperatively the two games.

A bigger shame would be to offer a basic conversion with the same loading lengths, clipping, no dub choice, no translation in French/German/Italian/Spanish and, if you're persistent, no texture improvements.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby Hanzumon » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:24 pm

The big question is:

You are a young gamer and you want to try a shenmue game. Will you buy a collection with two games or just the first game for the half price?
Hanzumon

Postby Ryuman » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:34 pm

Hanzumon wrote: The big question is:

You are a young gamer and you want to try a shenmue game. Will you buy a collection with two games or just the first game for the half price?

I imagine a Shenmue collection would still be lower price than a regular retail game.
Ryuman

Postby johnvivant » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:53 pm

unfortunately i think its more likely that, if sega does develop HD ports, they will develop and release them separately. if 1 doesn't sell then its unlikely that we'll get 2. they will probably be digital only to begin with, then later if it turns out to be successful they will release a disc version with both games, and maybe even offer it as a pre-order bonus for shenmue 3 (unfortunately again its more likely to be a digital code, rather than physical)

i would love a big shenmue box set with each game having its own individual case, and when you complete a game you create clear file, then it ask you to insert disc 2 - shenmue 2, or 3 etc. hearkening back to the old days.

i'm a physical media nostalgist.
Last edited by johnvivant on Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Spaghetti » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:57 pm

I really don't think they'll develop HD remasters of both games apart from each other. It would be overwhelmingly stupid of Sega to only remaster the first game, then not do the second when the third game is incoming.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby Kiske » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:52 am

I doubt we will hear anything about HD ports at the Playstation Experience, but if the monthly update doesn't come by the end of november, then we might have a something about Shenmue 3 during the event.
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby fittersau » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:23 am

johnvivant wrote: imo its still too early - at least for a big Sony event such as this.

but for E3 2016 however - i'm sure they might be ready to show something really great like an amazing trailer, if not actual gameplay.

Yep, at best PSX is simply a rehash of the Chinese presentations with smoother and clearer movies. I say E3 2016 Shenmue 3 to show something more meaty with E3 2017 to full overdrive hype.
fittersau
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Next

Return to Shenmue III