Kickstarter Update 51: Poll Results & Shenmue.link revamp

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Kickstarter Update 51: Poll Results & Shenmue.link revam

Postby Ryno4 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:27 am

What would anyone gain from voting 'no'? That's just selfish, and you've shot yourself in the foot by doing so. You've essentially stopped money from going into the game.

Ryno4 has received 3 thanks from: Amir, arwinjohn, Let's Get Sweaty
Ryno4
Asia Travel Representative

PSN: Shmemoon
Favorite title: Shenmue
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby LucBu » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:29 am

Lots of spelling mistakes on that site. The character section has a fair few mistakes on most profiles. Check this one example from Chai's: "his fighting is deceitful and slipper."

From Ryo's: "With strong sense of justice and good manners... "

Top notch work.
LucBu
Master of the Three Blades
Master of the Three Blades

Postby VukBZ2005 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:34 am

Ryno4 wrote: What would anyone gain from voting 'no'? That's just selfish, and you've shot yourself in the foot by doing so. You've essentially stopped money from going into the game.

I wouldn't say that. Rather, I would say that it will drastically reduce the amount that could have been gained by having the KS awards made available to the PayPal crowd. However, not all is lost. If somebody over there understands how bad this looks, they'll eventually convince the team to offer unique rewards to the PayPal backers that will motivate them to donate again. That way, everyone gets what they want.
VukBZ2005
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Steam: VukBZ2005
Currently playing: Shenmue III (PS4) ;)

Postby johnvivant » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:35 am

the 'don't mind' people should have just selected yes.

i don't get the logic of this at all, the overwhelming majority of people said yes or don't care, so make them available!

they just want to play is super safe so as to avoid controversy but they are probably going to end up with the harsher backlash by denying it. groan.

they should do the poll again, and just have yes and no.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby shredingskin » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:38 am

I think they fear the backlash more than they want the money, so they're playing it safe by what they said before.

I don't get why putting a 3 option poll, if either way is fine, you just don't vote.

Also, I don't get why so many people voted for no. To make the game feel more "special" for them ?? To resell it for larger value ??

The twitter one was very in favour of yes right ?
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby VukBZ2005 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:39 am

johnvivant wrote: the 'don't mind' people should have just selected yes.

i don't get the logic of this at all, the overwhelming majority of people said yes or don't care, so make them available!

they just want to play is super safe so as to avoid controversy but they are probably going to end up with the harsher backlash by denying it. groan.

For real, it's either "you're damned if you do and damned if you don't". Again, if they are smart and creative, they'll give unique features to the PayPal backer campaign that will assuage their anger and keep the "clickbait" and Anti-Shenmue trolling to a minimum.
VukBZ2005
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Amir » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:51 am

I was fortunate enough to get everything I wanted from the Kickstarter, but I think it's incredibly petty of people to deny that for people who couldn't. I feel ashamed that there were 4000 Shenmue fans who'd rather the PayPal raised less money just so they can act like spoilt playground children and thumb their noses at the less fortunate.

Amir has received 2 thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty, VukBZ2005
Amir
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Steam: AmirMoosavi
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Vanquish (PC)

Postby arwinjohn » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:55 am

Its so sad to hear the poll results and how they decided to make kickstarter as Exclusive backer rewards while those who pledge via paypal wont get those exclusive rewards kickstarter folks get. This is really sad. The poll results and how it was interpreted was a serious kick to the guts. I believe the poll was just a place holder for the pre determined Kickstarter to be exclusive Decision.

Some of my friends who I persuaded to back their projects and they did backed it via paypal cause of the rewards, are all very disappointed now and some of them just cancelled their pledge.

I even convinced 3 other friends to back it and now they dont want to do it. Im fine with which ever way happens since im only interested in the game but its sad when you try hard to bring in new fans to get into this franchise, and now they decided its Kickstarter exclusive, really makes you want to just give up finding anyone to increase the pledge or newcomers to back the project. Just my 2 cents.
arwinjohn

PSN: arwinjohn
Currently playing: Destiny

Postby VukBZ2005 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:57 am

arwinjohn wrote: Its so sad to hear the poll results and how they decided to make kickstarter as Exclusive backer rewards while those who pledge via paypal wont get those exclusive rewards kickstarter folks get. This is really sad. The poll results and how it was interpreted was a serious kick to the guts. I believe the poll was just a place holder for the pre determined Kickstarter to be exclusive Decision.

Some of my friends who I persuaded to back their projects and they did backed it via paypal cause of the rewards, are all very disappointed now and some of them just cancelled their pledge.

I even convinced 3 other friends to back it and now they dont want to do it. Im fine with which ever way happens since im only interested in the game but its sad when you try hard to bring in new fans to get into this franchise, and now they decided its Kickstarter exclusive, really makes you want to just give up finding anyone to increase the pledge or newcomers to back the project. Just my 2 cents.

I agree with your sentiments. Again, though, this can be fixed if they're smart about it. The question is: will they go through the trouble? And, if they don't, does this mean they got enough money now?

VukBZ2005 has received a thanks from: arwinjohn
VukBZ2005
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby GYO6161 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:59 am

Scrounder wrote:
GYO6161 wrote: I'll admit, my excitement of Shenmue III has decreased by 30% after seeing this pool BS.
If they pull something like this again, i might just forget it honestly....

I didn't wait 14 years for this...

I wonder if these clowns passing feedback to Suzuki are the same ones who thought fans want the forklift back in Shenmue 3 or for (Shenmue 3 spoilers)
Chai to return in Shenmue 3. This will completely ruined the sense of satisfaction many of us got from beating him in Shenmue 1.

Chai returning in Shenmue III feels very unnecessary, he was cut from Shenmue II for a good reason and now they are gonna shoehorn him in there?.... hmmm oh well..
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby johnvivant » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:08 am

is there any chance that by continuing to send them our objections, they might decide to reverse this decision? or issue another poll?
poll should have been worded as follows:

Yes (or don't mind)
No

i'm surprised by how much this is annoying me, but its probably best just to forget it and move on. if there is no chance of them changing their decision then negativity only harms the campaign.
johnvivant
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:10 am

I am disgusted with everybody who voted No, and it's solely them I blame for this outcome, not Awesome Japan or Ys Net.

We can now see that the poll was run to get a clear idea of the percentage of Kickstarter backers who'd be upset with this going ahead, and even though it wasn't a majority, the fact that so many made their negative feelings known was enough to deter action.

It is a very discouraging reflection of the fanbase that it came to this. Shenmue may attract a more mature and mellowed audience on the whole, but when push comes to shove, gamers will be gamers, led by childish and ignorant motives.

It's ironic that this news comes right after the achievement of a new stretch goal, with which Kickstarter backers will explicitly benefit from an improved game at the hands of PayPal backers, despite the inequality in their treatment. Perhaps those who voted No would prefer a version of Shenmue 3 unaffected by these additional funds. Perhaps ragdoll reactions and any future stretch goals should be exclusive to slacker backers...

Let's Get Sweaty has received 2 thanks from: arwinjohn, VukBZ2005
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby Yokosuka » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:12 am

shredingskin wrote: I think they fear the backlash more than they want the money, so they're playing it safe by what they said before.

I don't get why putting a 3 option poll, if either way is fine, you just don't vote.

Also, I don't get why so many people voted for no. To make the game feel more "special" for them ?? To resell it for larger value ??

The twitter one was very in favour of yes right ?

That's what I feared a bit, a lot of opportunists who backed Shenmue 3 only in order to resell at good price (at least the phone cards) although they helped us to reach $6m.

Don't know towards who I feel the more anger : AJ who should have informed us about the majority process before the vote or the "No" voters whose I can't fairly interpret their reasons.

I still think there is a little hope to make the Kickstarter exclusive rewards available if we can voice our dissatisfaction. Because that's a real shame.
Yokosuka
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Rocket League

Postby shredingskin » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:13 am

Hey calm your tits.

Seems like the rewards are now included in the page, and the update was just a fuckup of AJ :D:D:D:D:D
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby murdiaries » Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:17 am

Honestly, I want more development news (like the hut video that was awesome) than stupid polls news.
murdiaries
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III