Random Shenmue III Thoughts

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Postby SMDzero » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:15 am

Anonymous81 wrote: Maybe Lan Di and Ryo can have a sword fight sequence, and during one particularly fierce exchange (perhaps a QTE to allow for cinematic awesomeness,) Ryo manages to get BEHIND him, and slices at his head. Lan Di has the speed and wherewithal to duck, but the hair restraint gets nicked, and after he rolls away to create distance, his hair is now loose and billowing.

After one more blade lock, both men's swords break, and thus the proper hand to hand segment of their battle commences. > : )

What if Ryo's sword cuts Lan Di's ponytail clean off?

Then, in retaliation, Lan Di cuts off Ryo's belt causing his jeans to pool around his ankles like an ocean of shame. 8)
SMDzero
Banned
Banned

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:54 am

Shenhua-Nani? wrote:It more or less says that the Kickstarter reached 7 millions dollars and 70k digital copies preordered, but the numbers are now declining because of the lack of updates (implying that people are cancelling the preorders) and are down to 6.3m dollars and 69k preorders.

Yes, nonsense, it seems the guy just wanted to quickly write something, it's written too stupidly to shit on Shenmue on purpose.

But the guy missed the fact the Slacker Backer page said March 2016? Never change, games journalism. At least it was only some blogger without much of a following.

Still, maybe someone who speaks Italian could correct their mistake?

Spaghetti has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby John Doom » Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:28 am

:) I can help, I'm Italian. You guys only need to tell me (in English) what should I write them and if I should leave them a comment or write an email (just not with facebook, since I don't have an account :D ).

John Doom has received 2 thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty, Spaghetti
John Doom
Master of the Three Blades

Steam: John Doom
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:02 am

Thanks John.

Just let them know that the information they're quoting in the article is almost a year old, as indicated by the date showing on the page when they viewed it. This was a result of a temporary mistake on the website that has now been amended, and the correct, up-to-date information is now being displayed. Backers have NOT been cancelling their preorders, and, given the date shown on the information the article is quoting, there was never any justifiable reason to suggest that they had been.

Will you be okay explaining all of that?

Let's Get Sweaty has received a thanks from: John Doom
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby ShenGCH » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:06 am

SMDzero wrote:
Anonymous81 wrote: Maybe Lan Di and Ryo can have a sword fight sequence, and during one particularly fierce exchange (perhaps a QTE to allow for cinematic awesomeness,) Ryo manages to get BEHIND him, and slices at his head. Lan Di has the speed and wherewithal to duck, but the hair restraint gets nicked, and after he rolls away to create distance, his hair is now loose and billowing.

After one more blade lock, both men's swords break, and thus the proper hand to hand segment of their battle commences. > : )

What if Ryo's sword cuts Lan Di's ponytail clean off?

Then, in retaliation, Lan Di cuts off Ryo's belt causing his jeans to pool around his ankles like an ocean of shame. 8)

*Ryo slices off Lan Di's ponytail*
*Lan Di picks up his decapitated luscious lock, looks at it, then gives Ryo a cold stare*

Lan Di: "Am gawna beat ya like mah daddy used teh!"
*Lan Di proceeds to whip the shit out of Ryo with his new weapon*
ShenGCH
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Kiske » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:26 am

John Doom wrote: :) I can help, I'm Italian. You guys only need to tell me (in English) what should I write them and if I should leave them a comment or write an email (just not with facebook, since I don't have an account :D ).

Nelle mie braccia amico :)

(I'm writing to them right now. But two unhappy gamers are better than one :) )

Kiske has received 2 thanks from: John Doom, Spaghetti
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby Spaghetti » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:32 am

A few calls to change the article certainly have more weight than one. They may only be a small games blog, but accountability is important.

Spaghetti has received 3 thanks from: John Doom, Kiske, Let's Get Sweaty
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby John Doom » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:50 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote: Thanks John.

Just let them know that the information they're quoting in the article is almost a year old, as indicated by the date showing on the page when they viewed it. This was a result of a temporary mistake on the website that has now been amended, and the correct, up-to-date information is now being displayed. Backers have NOT been cancelling their preorders, and, given the date shown on the information the article is quoting, there was never any justifiable reason to suggest that they had been.

Will you be okay explaining all of that?

No problem :)

Kiske wrote:
John Doom wrote: :) I can help, I'm Italian. You guys only need to tell me (in English) what should I write them and if I should leave them a comment or write an email (just not with facebook, since I don't have an account :D ).

Nelle mie braccia amico :)

(I'm writing to them right now. But two unhappy gamers are better than one :) )

Meglio ancora! :D

John Doom has received a thanks from: Let's Get Sweaty
John Doom

Postby KidMarine » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:58 am

Tell him to go screw.
KidMarine
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: KiddMarine
Steam: KiddMarine

Postby Kiske » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:01 am

I wrote a comment on their article page.

It still needs to be approved before publication...

I'm confident! *BA DUM TSSS* :lol:

Kiske has received 2 thanks from: John Doom, Let's Get Sweaty
Kiske
News Poster
News Poster

PSN: KosiKosa

Postby John Doom » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:13 am

Same here, it needs to be approved :???: (actually, yours has just been approved :D )

My comment:
Ho notato che c'è un errore nel vostro articolo: i dati che avete citato risalgono a quasi un anno fa, come specificato nella data mostrata sulla pagina da cui le avete tratte. Si è trattato solo di un errore temporaneo del sito ufficiale (che ora hanno già corretto con i nuovi dati aggiornati), quindi NON c'è ragione di credere che i sostenitori stiano cancellando le loro prenotazioni :D
Chiedo cortesemente, perciò, che correggiate il contenuto dell'articolo.
Grazie per il tempo dedicatomi e vi auguro buon lavoro per il vostro blog :)

EDIT: ok, it has just been approved :)
Last edited by John Doom on Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

John Doom has received 2 thanks from: Kiske, Let's Get Sweaty
John Doom

Postby Shenhua-Nani? » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:40 am

Spaghetti wrote:
Shenhua-Nani? wrote:It more or less says that the Kickstarter reached 7 millions dollars and 70k digital copies preordered, but the numbers are now declining because of the lack of updates (implying that people are cancelling the preorders) and are down to 6.3m dollars and 69k preorders.

Yes, nonsense, it seems the guy just wanted to quickly write something, it's written too stupidly to shit on Shenmue on purpose.

But the guy missed the fact the Slacker Backer page said March 2016? Never change, games journalism. At least it was only some blogger without much of a following.

Still, maybe someone who speaks Italian could correct their mistake?

Im italian aswell but imo it's useless to reply to that article.

First, it's a very obscure website nobody cares about, and second the guy wrote so many stupid things. The KS never reached 7m$ , and those arent really preorder, nor they are all digital. Like i said, it's just a random "article" written by a random guy, not worth wasting time on it imo.
Shenhua-Nani?
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby John Doom » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:45 am

The blogger answered us (I'll translate):
Hi guys, thanks for your informations.
I'll gladly update the article based on your feedbacks.
So the data on the Kickstarter page are not up-to-date anymore and only those on shenmue.link are correct?
John Doom

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:56 am

:lol:

The data on the Kickstarter page refers only to the Kickstarter campaign, which ended in July 2015. Current data, incorporating both the Kickstarter and Slacker Backer campaigns, is at shenmue.link/order, which has been amended following a recent error that caused data from March 2016 to be displayed for a short while.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: truant

Postby John Doom » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:00 am

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:The data on the Kickstarter page refers only to the Kickstarter campaign, which ended in July 2015. Current data, incorporating both the Kickstarter and Slacker Backer campaigns, is at shenmue.link/order, which has been amended following a recent error that caused data from March 2016 to be displayed for a short while.

Should I reply him this?
John Doom

PreviousNext

Return to Shenmue III