Exciting SEGA Europe Tweet!

(Chapter 7 and beyond)

Exciting SEGA Europe Tweet!

Postby reptile » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:15 am

https://twitter.com/SEGA_Europe/status/ ... 72160?s=04

Does this mean Shenmue HD? Is this of any significance? What do they mean they hear us loud and clear?

reptile has received a thanks from: Esppiral
reptile
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Re: Exciting SEGA Europe Tweet!

Postby GYO6161 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:31 am

Another thread already mentioned this and i honestly don't think much of it, Sega always likes to tease and look good to the fans but do nothing at the end. It's a shame.

GYO6161 has received a thanks from: VukBZ2005
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Favorite title: Shenmue IIx
Currently playing: God of War

Postby shenhaZ » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:22 am

someone allowed their community manager to answer shenmue related tweets
shenhaZ
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Currently playing: Lucky Hit

Postby Marcelinho » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:07 am

Maybe, maybe. I have hope.
Marcelinho
Asia Travel Representative
Asia Travel Representative

Favorite title: Shenmue

Postby Telekill » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:16 am

I had given up hope of ever seeing Shenmue 3 become a reality before the last E3, but it happened.

While Sega is always saying... "Hey, we hear you loud and clear", my hope levels remain minimal as they've said it for years. However, with Shenmue 3 having become a reality, regardless of how minimal my hope levels are of a Shenmue HD Collection, they still exist. I am a realist though, so I'll believe Sega when I see an official announcement and not a minute sooner.
Telekill
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

PSN: Telekill
Currently playing: Detroit Become Human

Postby ianpm31 » Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Sega is sitting on "free-money" if they do a Shenmue HD collection. If they needed data to see if there was a demand just look at the Kickstarter. You would be retarded not to do it but this is Sega we're talking about.
ianpm31
Funny Bear Burger Clerk
Funny Bear Burger Clerk

Postby Spaghetti » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:34 pm

Nothing happens overnight. Even if it's been since last summer that Shenmue lit the gaming world on fire again, I'd say a HD collection not appearing by this point isn't unreasonable. If we don't hear about it by PSE 2016 in December, then maybe we've got cause to concern. I think it'd be best if Shenmue is fresh in people's minds for when 3 launches anyway, so an early-mid 2017 release is enough time for people to get invested and then have 3 drop in a fairly short timeframe after.

Then again, I don't expect the HD collection to get much press fanfare, even if it has the capacity to pick up many, many new fans. Maybe a more distanced release between HD and 3 will help wash away the dumbass negative press instead. Hard to say.

I dunno. I'm expecting a lot of "aged like shit" talk, but honestly? What really matters about Shenmue like the story, characters, gameplay variety, and world building is timeless. Tank controls, spotty translation, and mostly bad voice acting wasn't even ideal in 1999, but y'know, they were doing a lot of new things and production values in games weren't nearly as slick as they are now.
Spaghetti
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Postby mjq jazz bar » Sun Jan 17, 2016 3:31 pm

It'd be perfect if they rebuilt the games like they're doing with the first yakuza, but that's even more unlikely than some ports. I think people would be fair. There's plenty of dated offerings out there that people are still buying.
mjq jazz bar
Alpha Trading Boss
Alpha Trading Boss

PSN: mortimerOA
Favorite title: Shenmue II
Currently playing: Yakuza 0 & Ni No Kuni

Postby Sonoshee » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:31 pm

Spaghetti wrote: Nothing happens overnight. Even if it's been since last summer that Shenmue lit the gaming world on fire again, I'd say a HD collection not appearing by this point isn't unreasonable. If we don't hear about it by PSE 2016 in December, then maybe we've got cause to concern. I think it'd be best if Shenmue is fresh in people's minds for when 3 launches anyway, so an early-mid 2017 release is enough time for people to get invested and then have 3 drop in a fairly short timeframe after.

^ Yup. I don't mind when the HD releases come - as long as they do come and it's before Shenmue 3 :P
Sonoshee
"After Burner...Great!"
"After Burner...Great!"

Postby Stocke » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:45 pm

I'll eat my hat if we don't see HD remakes of shenmue 1+2 before 3 is released.
Stocke
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby shredingskin » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:12 pm

I don't have a hat, but I'll drink beer.
shredingskin
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: Some indie games.

Postby Let's Get Sweaty » Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:15 pm

Let's agree to eat Sega's hats, and the hats of their children.
Let's Get Sweaty
Machine Gun Fist
Machine Gun Fist

Currently playing: truant

Postby GYO6161 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:59 pm

Posted on NeoGaf, doubt it's anything special tho, maybe some chovelware crap.
GYO6161
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Currently playing: God of War

Postby Kintor » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:15 pm

This is kind of weird, I went to Sega's facebook page to verify the image and there's nothing posted.

Take a look: https://www.facebook.com/Sega/

The newest post is from January 13, about the latest Sega Central video.

I don't doubt that the image is real but it seems that particular Facebook post has been deleted. Perhaps someone at Sega of America got overexcited and posted this news earlier than they were supposed to? Which isn't beyond the realm of possibility, since Sega of Europe is running all Western operations as of late.

As for what this announcement could be, I'd love for it to be Shenmue 1 and 2 HD but I think it's more likely to be a physical release for all those 3DS ports of classic Sega games. Japan already has a retail box for the games; it makes sense to do the same in the West as well. Which sounds good to me, buying a compilation of these Sega games at retail helps me avoid Nintendo's hideous and out-dated idea of network services.
Kintor
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Postby Sappharad » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:37 pm

Kintor wrote:I don't doubt that the image is real but it seems that particular Facebook post has been deleted. Perhaps someone at Sega of America got overexcited and posted this news earlier than they were supposed to? Which isn't beyond the realm of possibility, since Sega of Europe is running all Western operations as of late.

It's not Shenmue. They do say "new game" in the deleted post.

Sonic's Twitter teased tomorrow's announcement last week with "4 3 1 21 16"
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/stat ... 0303628288

Someone over at Sonic Retro realized that it means Sonic 4 Episode 3 announcement on 1/21/16.
Sappharad
Man Mo Acolyte
Man Mo Acolyte

Next

Return to Shenmue III